Thursday, November 05, 2009

Making Friends with the Neighbors

"I didn't tell you what happened at Subway," Vin said.
"There was this little girl in line- like 8 or so and she was trying to get her mom's attention and the mom just wouldn't listen. So the little girl grabbed a moth and held it by its wing and showed it to her mom.
'Look what I found, mom! Look! Look!'
And the mom wasn't really paying attention. Just said, 'Yuck' or something. So the little girl started playing with the moth and holding it up to her mouth.
'Look, mom! Look! I'm gonna eat it! What will you give me if I eat it?'
And the mom still wasn't fully paying attention and just said, 'Oh yuck. Don't eat it.'
And the little girl answered, 'I'm gonna eat it! I'm gonna eat it!'
So I answered, 'You are not gonna eat it. That's gross. No one eats moths.' And I turned to the mom and said, 'You should totally call that bet! She's not gonna eat it. Tell her what you'll give her if she eats it.'
So the mom laughed and said, 'Fine. I'll give you a dollar if you eat it.'
And the little girl looked at her mom, looked at me, looked back at her mom and asked, 'You'll give me a dollar if I eat it?'
And the mom shrugged and said, 'Sure' and laughed again.
And with that - she ATE it! She put it in her mouth and swallowed and then coughed on the month dust!'"
"What! You caused a neighbor kid to eat a moth in front of her mother?" I asked. "Oh my god. I am so glad I wasn't there. I would have died."
"I didn't think she would eat it. I mean who eats moths?" he laughed. "Bleh."
"What did the mom say?" I asked.
"She just shrugged and laughed."

3 comments:

Goomba said...

A little moth never hurt anybody. I'm glad the mom just laughed it off.

lrsboulder said...

"Why do kids stick beans up their nose? They do it 'cause you said no!" The Fantastiks wisdom still holds true. And kids like gross stuff. Lesson learned. Hope she got her dollar!

Guy Nachimson said...

She got much more than a dollar - so much attention, at last!