Saturday, May 12, 2007

Abbie

Very few people in this world are lucky enough to have an Abbie in their lives.

On the day I realized that Yuval would not be coming to Utah, that the relationship was undeniably over, I came back to Abbie's house, where she is hosting me. She opened a bottle of wine, pulled up chairs in front of the fire, listened to me cry, put on country music to make me laugh, baked a chocolate cake with me and gave me a massage while it baked.

As we said goodnight and I took my comforted, tipsy self down the stairs to the little haven of a room that she has given me, the air was still scented with freshly baked cake. "Hey Lins," she called. "Was I nice enough? Did I do the right thing?"

I firmly believe NO ONE could have done anything better.

1 comment:

smoss said...

Bigs hugs to you, my friend. And big hugs to Abbie, whoever she is, for offering her love and support to you.

I think of you often, and hope to visit sometime in June.

Take care,
Steph