Hanukkah is coming soon and I will have a colleague in town from Israel during the holiday. I asked my co-workers if they would be interested in attending a Hanukkah party in our colleague's honor. They weren't sure what a Hanukkah party would be like, but they were all game. I told them that it will be nice, but Hanukkah really is more fun with kids. It's a holiday that is really for kids. One co-worker offered to bring his 7 year old daughter.
"But I have to warn you, she is going to show up in bright pink cowboy boots. We can't get her to wear anything else. We bought her a pair of pale pink boots about 6 months ago and she refused to wear anything else since then. She wore that pair so much that she wore them out and we had to go buy her some new ones. And these new ones are really, really pink.
"She loved the old ones so much and knew her mom would make her get rid of them, once she got new boots. To avoid this, she declared, 'I am opening a boot museum in the basement. I will collect boots and charge people money to come and look at the boots.' In her room she put up a low table, placed her old boots on the table and made a sign reading 'Boot Museum' and placed it by the boots. I asked her if she wanted to put my boots in the museum too. She said, 'This is only for UNUSED boots. It's a MUSEUM. Jeez.'"
I hope she comes to Hanukkah.
No comments:
Post a Comment