Linseyle is what Oded started calling me a few years ago. Le, pronounced lay, is one Yiddish way to turn a name into a pet name. I love having my name Yiddish-ified. I have been debating changing my last name or not. It's a hard name for me to give up. While I was considering giving it up, I thought about taking a new last name. I still may do so. One of the names I considered was Linsey Leigh, so that I would officially be Linseyle. Choosing your own name is a little intimidating, so for now at least, I am sticking with what I have.
By the way, if you would like to see my Israeli father, I found a bit of his news show on You Tube. Click here. I have no idea why someone would post this, but they did. And you too can see what a handsome man he is. And what a voice! No wonder he started his career on the radio.
No comments:
Post a Comment